DIAA (Dutch Institute of Abdominal Acupuncture) | 荷兰腹针学院
Kasha Yang – DIAA 2016
Abdominal Acupuncture (AA) is a new micro acupuncture method. The method is based on the use of three levels within our abdomen meridian system. By using needles to these abdominal acupuncture points many forms of disease can be treated.
The Abdominal Meridian System or AMS for short is a network of meridians dominated by the ShenQue system. The acupuncture point ShenQue is at the heart of AMS. AMS it self resembles the form of a tortoise and is usually referred to as such. When needles are placed on the points within AMS, one not only pays attention to the placement of the needle but also to the use of different depths of the needle. Practice has shown that when placing the needle on various depths results can drastically change.
The exceptionally beneficial results when using the AMS, could be explained as followed:
– During the embryonale stage the ShenQue point is at the centre of every microscopic regulation of the body;
– As a system ShenQue forms the base to all meridian points in the body;
– ShenQue is responsible for the communication between the meridians and regulation of the arteries and blood circulation aka the “CHI”;
– ShenQue lies at the heart of every meridian system.
With ShenQue as its centre the AMS system regulates the distribution and circulation of the blood and “Chi” throught the whole body. By placing needles in the abdominal area around the navel, it is possible to influence, guide and control this system whenever it is not working properly.
The top (most shallow) level of penetration develops when the foetus is in the embryonic stage. It influences the head, torso and the upper and lower extremities. This part of the AMS is pictured as the image of the sacred turtle.
The middle level of penetration is located in the classical “JingLo” meridian system. By using this system and this level the AMS points of the 1st depth are connected to the AMS points of the 3rd depth.
The bottom (deepest) level of penetration is located at each of the AMS points and is developed by organogenesis. This level is connected with all the inner organs in the body. The BaGua map, an ancient study of the 8 elements in 8 directions and its influence on the organs, is used for selecting the correct points to help create the desired effect.
The best way to learn the differences between the 3 depths and their therapeutic effects can best be learned through practice.
Differences in pathology influences each level in a different way. Length of time, the different sources of disease, other treatments and the uniqueness of each person can result in different approach for each patient. Therefore treatment of patients with on the surface the same pathology can be totally different.
DIAA is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and specialized in offering a variety of courses on the subject of Abdominal Acupuncture (AA).
Founder, Kasha Yang, has successfully been practicing abdominal acupuncture for the last 10 years at her practice ChinaMedic.
Her joy and love for the ancient art of acupuncture and the modern application of AA have inspired her to found the institute in 2007 in order to teach fellow acupuncturists and share her experiences.
The Institute’s objective
– Introduction of AMS techniques among acupuncturists in The Netherlands and Europe;
– Organizing (refresher) courses in abdominal acupuncture;
– To be and act like a communication bridge between China and the Netherlands;
– To inform acupuncturists about the latest research and discoveries in the field of
More about Kasha
Kasha Yang is a registered acupuncturist and herbalist. She is the member of Dutch Association of Acupuncture (N.V.A.) and the member of China Association of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Abdominal Acupuncture Committee.
She was first introduced to AA in 2005 during a visit to China for a series of refresher courses.
When compared to the classical method of acupuncture, the benefits of AA are very clear. Abdominal Acupuncture shows quick health improvements, appears to be a more effective process and is experienced by patients as far less painful.
These facts were such an inspiration that Kasha decided to specialize in abdominal acupuncture and spend some time in China emerging her self in study and practice.
Upon her return to Amsterdam she started, together with her husband, her own acupuncture clinic ChinaMedic and has been successfully practicing Abdominal Acupuncture ever since.
2017 – Visiting Prof. ZhiYun Bo in China
2016 – DIAA course for Chinese Acupuncturists
2007 – 2017 – Group photo’s of our students
There are many advantages for an acupunturist in practicing the method of Abdominal Acupuncture.
Quite a few diseases and disorders are very well treatable with AA.
To sum up the most aided complaints:
– Osteo-muscular-articular (stiff neck, cervical-dorsum-lumbar-spondylopathie, scapulohumeral periarthritis, tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, lumbar pain with sciatica and atrose etc.)
– Cerebrovascular (thrombosis hemiplegia, senile dementia, cerebrovascular arteriosclerosis, angiocardiopathie, hypertension, hysteria, cerebral haemorrhage, infantile-cerebroplegia, cerebellum atrophy etc.)
– Disturbances in the nervous system (depression, headache, neuritis, etc.)
– Ocular diseases (neuritis and atrophy of the optic nerve, retinal degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, etc.)
– Parkinson’s disease, diabetic neuritis
Abdominal Acupuncture is for the bigger part painless and safer due to shallow penetration of the needle. The working is very quick with good therapeutic results in a short time span. In China people already started to refer to the technique as “Miracle therapy”.
- Our study groups are small with a maximum of 15 students. This insures a personal and intimate atmosphere with the best opportunity for good contact with the teacher/lecturer and among students.
- The teacher/lecturer will be very knowledgeable as well very experienced due to many years clinical practice.
- You will get the chance to do an apprenticeship at ChinaMedic clinic to learn AA and how we diagnose and treat patients by TCM methods.
- We offer the opportunity to give your name and contact information to our clients who is looking for an acupuncturist nearby them. This means clients will be able to find you when they look for a acupuncturist who does abdominal acupuncture.
- Abdominal Acupuncture for us is not only a technique, it is a philosophy, a wisdom, which will open up doors to the world of acupuncture you never thought of before.